1v1 Tournament or FFA Event
Poll ended at Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:01 am
1v1 27%  27%  [ 3 ]
FFA 73%  73%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 11
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:01 am 

Halo In-Game Name: Epsilon
All,

I'm please to announce that FraggedNation is adding Halo Custom Edition ladders and tournaments that will be ran side-by-side with Halo Combat Evolved ladders and tournaments. Please note that you don't have to have both versions to compete. CE will act as a standalone as will PC.

To welcome CE to FraggedNation, I would like to have a 1v1 or FFA Event. Which one will be up to the competitive members here at RealWorld CE.

A FFA Event would consist of one to two months with one to two matches per week. Each match would compose of multiple people. Example: Week One Match - 8 participants, Week Two Match - 7 participants, etc.

A 1v1 Event would be a single elimination Tournament. This is a traditional nothing fancy tournament layout. You lose one match you're out of the whole thing.

Please use the poll above to help us decide.

Please note that if you plan on competing you will have to have a FraggedNation account and set up a GUID for Halo Combat Evolved. This GUID must be your in-game name. Example: My FraggedNation name is RampantEpsilon, but my in-game name is Epsilon. So my GUID would be Epsilon92 because GUIDs must be 8+ characters.

Use this link to make an account on FraggedNation.
http://www.fraggednation.com/signup.php

Use this link after signing in to set up your GUID.
http://www.fraggednation.com/account.php?action=manageGuids&pl=2

RampantEpsilon
FraggedNation Halo PC/CE Game Director

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:05 am 
®ealworld Founder Admin Core

Halo In-Game Name: Harbinge®
Xfire Name: nomates1234
Steam Name: Harbinge®
Discord Name: harbinger#7102
From an purely observational perspective, although Halo PC and Halo CE are separate entities, legal playing of Halo CE requires ownership of Halo CE, or at least ownership of a Valid Halo PC CD Key.

However since there are cracked copies of Halo CE available, (AKA Halo CE Portable) much depends on what version of Halo CE Server your Hosting, and whether you allow Public I.E. Illegal CD Keys to join.

Players who have difficulties purchasing Genuine Halo CE copies in their region can contact Sean Aero who sells Legitimate Halo CD keys, including if required Brand New sealed Halo PC Retail Packs, but only in non English versions. The cost is very reasonable and Sean offers discounts for bulk purchases.

Note:
Normally a purchase is exclusively for a Legal CD Key, (only) which is despatched electronically.

http://www.halorank.com/buy.php

- ß╝É╬Ż ¤ä╬┐¤Ź¤äß┐│ ╬Ż╬»╬║╬▒: In hoc signo vinces -

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:09 am 
Membe®

Halo In-Game Name: sanni
FFA with the last one dropping out each round sounds interesting

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:10 pm 

Harbinge® wrote:
From an purely observational perspective, although Halo PC and Halo CE are separate entities, legal playing of Halo CE requires ownership of Halo CE, or at least ownership of a Valid Halo PC CD Key.

However since there are cracked copies of Halo CE available, (AKA Halo CE Portable) much depends on what version of Halo CE Server your Hosting, and whether you allow Public I.E. Illegal CD Keys to join.

Players who have difficulties purchasing Genuine Halo CE copies in their region can contact Sean Aero who sells Legitimate Halo CD keys, including if required Brand New sealed Halo PC Retail Packs, but only in non English versions. The cost is very reasonable and Sean offers discounts for bulk purchases.

Note:
Normally a purchase is exclusively for a Legal CD Key, (only) which is despatched electronically.

http://www.halorank.com/buy.php

Honestly, right now we don't have servers setup. What I plan on doing for this event is allowing everyone to use their own servers or the built-in multiplayer (players choice). When we get servers up, I plan on running a all version server (using Gandanur) and at this moment I'm uncertain whether or not to allow Illegal CD Keys.

sanni wrote:
FFA with the last one dropping out each round sounds interesting

You're right that is an interesting concept. It's actually something that FraggedNation has just recently integrated. Only certain admins are allowed access to this system and I've got it for us to use with this.

So far it looks like out of the 4 votes the FFA Event is going to be the way to go. Let's get some more support. I would like to see some ®ealworld activity on FraggedNation this August.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:30 am 
®ealworlde®

Halo In-Game Name: Penguin
sorry i hate 1v1/2v2 s

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:48 am 

Halo In-Game Name: FusioN
^^^
exactly this.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:36 am 

Halo In-Game Name: FusioN
The reason has been stated in the above few posts. A lot of people don't like 2v2's, and even less 1v1's. it's no surprise this isn't popular.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:39 pm 
Classicworlde®

Halo In-Game Name: Topsi
Xfire Name: xxegelitexx
I agree though I've actually voted...
But 2v2 isn't as boring as 1v1.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:59 pm 

That's where the FFA would come in. FFA would be up to 16 players fragging it out.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:28 pm 
®ealworld Founder Admin Core

Halo In-Game Name: Harbinge®
Xfire Name: nomates1234
Steam Name: Harbinge®
Discord Name: harbinger#7102
BUMP - So few Votes is a miserable response.

It's a shame that so far this appears to indicate such a very low level of interest. Does this mean the majority of Members are indifferent :?:

It would be more helpful if Members did at least expressed their opinion here, especially since Realworld Guild (Unofficial) Tournaments always generate a lot of activity. ;)

- ß╝É╬Ż ¤ä╬┐¤Ź¤äß┐│ ╬Ż╬»╬║╬▒: In hoc signo vinces -

OfflineProfile