Facebook
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:24 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

Do you want to have a summer tournament?
Yes =) 89%  89%  [ 39 ]
No :( 11%  11%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 44
 Post subject: Summer Tournament?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:41 am 
Alright nubs vote!

Post subject: Re: Summer Tournament?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:42 am 
{Ð2T} Membe®

Halo In-Game Name: JaLLy
Xfire Name: jalpso
yes! :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:08 am 
{L°E°} Membe®

Halo In-Game Name: Qwerty
Xfire Name: qwerty89fin
Yeeeeaah!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:47 am 

Halo In-Game Name: Eikkatin
Sure!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:54 am 
{Ð2T} Membe®

we could do something like a draftleague? only for realworlders :}

edit:

first of all, we list up how many ppl can play in the tournement (decided by a poll) and make teams of maximum number of players. (my proposal is 8, 9 or 10, depending on how many ppl would play)
people willing to make a team do this in groups of 3 ppl: 1 leader and 2 captains who can replace the leader when he's absent. (pls make sure you can be active before you signup)
THE OTHER players that dont make a team will be added to a list of players, sorted by skills. each team can pick in the first round a player from top tier skill, second round from lesser tier skill and so on. The team that can pick first is the one with the less skilled captains and leader. (will be decided by the league admins i guess when every team has signed up).

This way teams will be more balanced and more varied, good and experienced players and noobs on the same team, this wil ltake away the competitive aspect and improve the "play for fu" aspect of the tournement. (please don't take it personal when you're put in a lesser skilled group xD). when captains aren't active or aren't letting everyone play on their team or there are problems with someone, they can be replaced by someone else on the team that is willing to be a captain or leader.

Once teams are established, a bracket will be made up. NEW PLAYERS can be added to teams that admins see fit when a team needs a new player. EXAMPLE: one team needs another active player or another good player cos the draft didn't turn out exactly as it was hoped.

size of the games will be 5v5 (ASSAULT) OR 4v4 (ctf)-> depends of how many ppl showed up or 3v3 (ctf, koth, oddball).

MAPS: we pick a few good stock maps (that focus rather on teamplay instead of just aim. AND a few well balanced custom maps with stock weapons and balanced sides and gameplay.

my stockmap suggestions:
-Timberland (4v4/5v5)
-Dangercanyon (4v4/5v5)
-Sidewinder (3v3 -> ctf/4v4/5v5)
-Bloodgulch (3v3 -> ctf/4v4/5v5)
-chillout (oddball, ctf and koth all work here, 3v3)
-hangemhigh (oddball and koth, 3v3)
-carousel (oddball and koth, 3v3).

Custom map suggestions:
- casualty_isle v2 (5v5) -> modded rod, but it doesnt rly disturb gameplay.
- Cliffhanger (4v4/5v5)
- grove_final (4v4/5v5)
- No_remorse (4v4, ctf, koth possible too)
- hcel_corrupted (modded needler gone here, 3v3 ctf/oddball)
- UMT archive (3v3 -> played this only once though, during gamenight and seemed like an amzing map)
- wizz_pb (3v3 ctf, never played other gts here)

note: these are just some maps on the top of my head, and i'm aslo not sure if everygametype is supported on these custom maps, we'll see

! You can use my ideas any way you want (3 captains instead of 2, no draft league, add some maps, etc), or just ignore me completely ! >:U
To vouch for my credibilty: i have a lot of experience in various leagues (halo ce leagues 2007, 2008, hpt -> stole the draft diea from here xD, some leagues i probably forgot) and just on halo (competive) and halo custom edition in general.

ps: WHAT A LONG POST :d

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:07 pm 
®ealworlde®

Halo In-Game Name: Penguin
sounds good im up for it but not as captain or leader
(moving to a new appartment and so on, dunno about my time just for back up the team im in)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:23 pm 
®ealworlde®

Halo In-Game Name: blackbird®
Xfire Name: blackbird987
I up for it but I won't be availible all summer so im not gonna be a captain.

Good idea to max the team up to 10 players so there will always be some players online, instead of one or two.....

I have a message for those who stand in my way:
pray

:netherlands:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:47 pm 
{Ð2T} Membe®

well i added KOTH, assault and oddball on the maps i suggested. i hoped you'd at least read my wall of text :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:49 am 
Membe®

Halo In-Game Name: sanni
I think we need to come up with a system that ensures that individual players can team up with people they wanna play with.
E.g. if I would land in a team with hiya, tommy chong and Matthew I would rather commit suicide than play even one game. No disrespect by the way.

Other than that I agree with Jally.

Also we need fixed times, like every sunday 7pm uk time = match time. Or organizing matches will get as messy as the last time.
We should include all gametypes, even race. But real race not pussycat no shooting race. Like every week another gametype. And select fixed maps that go well with the corrsponding gametype of the week.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:56 am 
{Ð2T} Membe®

that's why i made 1 leader and 2 captains, who can be 3 friends who play together. or you can make it 1 leader and 3 captains, idk. it's still up to what the community/Matt wants :)

and these teams can pick their own members in turns (=it's a draft), they don't get assigned to you.

also, i was thinking of some sort of trade system in case you really don't want to play with someone.

OfflineProfile  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next