Facebook
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:47 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next

Do you want to have a summer tournament?
Yes =) 89%  89%  [ 39 ]
No :( 11%  11%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 44
 Post subject: Re: Summer Tournament?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:15 pm 
{xk} Membe®

Halo In-Game Name: [xk]Adam!®
Xfire Name: 0525116
JaLLy wrote:
why don't you suggest something that will resolve the issues instead of negative posts that instigate conflict with personal attacks on sanni and penguin + you're rude as hell. Not saying whatever you say is untrue, but there's no need to insult people in the proces. I'm sure this was all a topic of whining in the previous tournement. Instead of repeating the same stuff, add some ideas...

yet he can call me an asshole?.. i think im the one getting personal attacked here, i havent called anyone names.

where exactly have i insulted anyone?

thats not what I was doing anyway, I was outlining the issues my team had in the last torny and why they happened so that the same thing does not happen in this one.

I took your quote and saw what you said, asked some questions for it, waited for your reply, then made a suggestion to that?.. so yah anyway.. carry on.

R.I.P Naut

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:26 pm 
{Ð2T} Membe®

Halo In-Game Name: JaLLy
Xfire Name: jalpso
Adam wrote:
JaLLy wrote:
why don't you suggest something that will resolve the issues instead of negative posts that instigate conflict with personal attacks on sanni and penguin + you're rude as hell. Not saying whatever you say is untrue, but there's no need to insult people in the proces. I'm sure this was all a topic of whining in the previous tournement. Instead of repeating the same stuff, add some ideas...

yet he can call me an asshole?.. i think im the one getting personal attacked here, i havent called anyone names.

thats not what I was doing anyway, I was outlining the issues my team had in the last torny and why they happened so that the same thing does not happen in this one.

I took your quote and saw what you said, asked some questions for it, waited for your reply, then made a suggestion to that?.. so yah anyway.. carry on.

lol sorry i'm on shitnet and didn't see the second part of your previous post, so i take back the non suggesting part. Still i'm sure his more rude comments was just a reaction to your "sanni homo act" phrase.
pls lessen the fighting the both of you, i'm sure everything can be worked out in a better way than previous tournement.

About new players:
- can't be assigned on an already well provided team.
- they should at least be a real ce player and have played some pubgames in realworld at the least. each new player that wants to join should apply and can only be added until the next series of matches that will be played, they should be trustworthy people and not unreliable idiots.

oh and i forgot to mention, i'll play with anyone... except that Matthew guy :/

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:31 pm 
®ealworld Founder Legacy Core

Halo In-Game Name: Dwight®
Xfire Name: da2loo
I guess that's why fixed dates have been suggested so this isn't going to happen again.

Teams will obviously never be balanced as long they're not randomly put together based on "skills" which would probably result in many players not be willing to participate.

"Don't worry what people think, they don't do it very often."

Death By Tray It Shall Be!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:39 pm 
Membe®

Halo In-Game Name: sanni
Adam wrote:
another way you could do it is have an unoffical session of just slayer with everyone, first to 50kills, people nearer the top obviously higher rank

This has nothing to do with teamplay abilities. As an example, Bun wouldn't rank 1st on this kind of test but still I would prefer her to 98% off all other realworlders because she thinks while playing and is an excellent capper.
I played countless of matches where superior skilled players in terms of k/d ratio didn't get a single cap because they didn't understand the basics of capping strategy.

@Jally
About the twl gametypes.
CTF, King of the Hill, Assault, Race and Teamslayer sound good.
Then maybe Oddball and maybe Elimination(called endurance in twl)
I think we need to test the gametype in the near future like race with infinite nades and only rockets as weapons. It could be a little to "heavy" :xD: Maybe make it snipers and no infinite nades.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:50 pm 
{Ð2T} Membe®

Quote:
I guess that's why fixed dates have been suggested so this isn't going to happen again.

Teams will obviously never be balanced as long they're not randomly put together based on "skills" which would probably result in many players not be willing to participate.

well with the draft i tried to look for a balance in teams as well people who want to play together. You can lead a team with 2 friends that you choose yourself, and i'm sure when these teams (leader + 2 captains) pick their members, they'll pick people they want to play with and not people they hate, no matter how good they might be.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:27 pm 
®ealworlde®

Halo In-Game Name: Penguin
sanni wrote:
Adam wrote:
another way you could do it is have an unoffical session of just slayer with everyone, first to 50kills, people nearer the top obviously higher rank

This has nothing to do with teamplay abilities. As an example, Bun wouldn't rank 1st on this kind of test but still I would prefer her to 98% off all other realworlders because she thinks while playing and is an excellent capper.
I played countless of matches where superior skilled players in terms of k/d ratio didn't get a single cap because they didn't understand the basics of capping strategy.

@Jally
About the twl gametypes.
CTF, King of the Hill, Assault, Race and Teamslayer sound good.
Then maybe Oddball and maybe Elimination(called endurance in twl)
I think we need to test the gametype in the near future like race with infinite nades and only rockets as weapons. It could be a little to "heavy" :xD: Maybe make it snipers and no infinite nades.

rz is in my eyes one of the best realworlder
nice match yesterday u was pro

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:07 pm 
Membe®

To sum things up:

- Admin team of ~5 admins
- CTF, Assault, Race, Koth and more maybe even gametypes like Oddball/Elimination, no Teamslayer
- no additional rules like "You are not allowed to shoot" or "You can't drive here with a warthog" but bug abuse won't be allowed, so no walking outside of the maps, or going through the wall
- selected stock and custom maps
- fixed dates for matches
- fixed gametype per week
- 1 match per week per team
- 1 match = 2 maps
- restocks allowed but needs to be approved my admin team
- each team starts with having, 1 leader and two captains since last tournament showed that one captain and one deputy is not enough
- advanced system to add all the other players to the initial leader/captain combos
- team size 6-10 players
- match focus 4v4 and 5v5
- about 6 teams in total, doubt it will be more
- no ping limit but warpers won't be tolerated either

anyone wanna add/change/clarify something?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:29 pm 
{Ð2T} Membe®

SOome notes sanni and questions (xD)

1. About the vehicle rule: not allowed to stuff tuns on dangercanyon with vehicles or other maps with narrow tunnels or points! (it bugs, vehciles won't respawn) + no vehicles on flags. like sw or bg no rocket hog inside the base -> destroys the gameplay. (especially if we're gonna do twlassault).

2. By restock do you mean trades or adding new players? Also can we do 3v3 as well? Better for oddball and koth imo. 4v4 and 5v5 would be for assault/ctf and race.

3. Will the division between stock map and custom map be: 1 stock map, 1 custom map? Overtime = ? OR 2 custom maps with a stock map for the overtime.

4. A win is a win and a loss is a loss. The amount of caps doesn't matter. When each wins a map = overtime?

other than that, looks good :d

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:52 pm 
Membe®

Excellent additions =)

1. I would say in generall everything is allowed but we will ban certain things, like on danger canyon you are not allowed to drive vehicles in the tunnels as you said or go through the wall to the other base. And also no hogs inside of bases like in Sidewinder and Timberland. So I agree here.

2. Yes I meant adding new players, because lets say I tell Pengu to not sign up for the tournament and then later when the players are all given their team I use the restock option to add him to my team. So if you want to add a player later on you have to ask at least one admin if it's ok.
3v3 will be allowed too, but the focus should lie on matches with bigger teams. Because playing with bigger teams makes things fairer.

3. All in all we should aim for 50% stock and 50% custom maps. But if we have like race week, we might just do two 2 custom maps that week and then 2 stock in the next for some other game type, just as an example.

4.No overtime, that just drags it on and on. Per map played you get 1 point, no matter if win or lose, per draw you get two points and per win 3 points. So you get between 2 and 6 points per match consiting out of two maps.

(This are just my thoughts, not that certain individuals complain about me dictating things again, like last time where I setup like ten votes and then was blamed for the outcome :xD: )

I think we should start by building the 5 men admin team and then setting up an Tourny admin forum, where those 5 can discuss things in deep and then present the public with a tournament plan.

We should play double elimination this time. Round Robin was very very enduring.
I aim at a 6 week tournament with points given for participation, draws, wins and then a semifinal and a final at the end of the top 3 teams. (2vs3 winner vs1)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:49 pm 

Halo In-Game Name: ~Syntax
Xfire Name: haloreach12
I wanna participate in tourney

OfflineProfile  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next