Facebook
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:24 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next

Do you want to have a summer tournament?
Yes =) 89%  89%  [ 39 ]
No :( 11%  11%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 44
 Post subject: Re: Summer Tournament?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:48 am 
{Ð2T} Membe®

Halo In-Game Name: JaLLy
Xfire Name: jalpso
i have twl gametypes which have oddball, race, etc. but they were made on pc so they bug on ce. :/

also, people saying it'll be unfair: read mine and sanni's posts from the first pages. we have some ideas to balance teams fairly. liked sanni's list idea. like i said, advertise a little to the other realworld players that don't really read these forums.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:42 am 
Membe®

Halo In-Game Name: sanni
I downloaded the twl game types fpr Halo PC from here: http://sites.google.com/site/velakan/fi ... edirects=0
Then opened Halo PC on my desktop and Halo CE on my laptop and created all game types on CE from scratch. So they should not be bugged. Still we need to test them of course.
Attachment:
twlgametypesforce.zip [15.71 KiB]
Downloaded 505 times

What I noticed, starting weapons almost always custom(plasma pistol yay), only on 1v1 and 2v2 its generic. And rockets and infinite grenades for race ^^

Quote:
HALO:Slayer 5v5

Match Rules

Team Slayer
Number of Maps: 3
Number of Squads: 2
Members per Squad: 5
Time Limit: Default
Kill Limit: 50
Friendly Fire: On
Vehicles: Map deafult

Team Info

Each squad must fill a squad of 5. If a squad is unable to meet this requirement, the offending squad must either forfeit or re-schedule the match at a later date with cooperation from the opposing squad captain. If neither team is able to fill 5 positions at the start of the match, the match will be nullified unless both squads choose to play the match with less than the number of required players.

Match

How you win: The winner is the first to win 2 maps. Each map is scored separately. For example, if Team 1 wins the first map, loses the second map, and wins the third map then Team 1 wins. How You Win One Map: You must complete the objective of 50 kills before the other team does in no time limit.

OT: In case of a tie there will be an OT replay of that map right after it was played. The OT round will be 10 mins or first to 10 kills. If it is still a tie, repeat another 10 mins or first to 10 kills. Now on the slim chance that after 10 mins and still tie, Defender teams wins. If a map is tied you MUST play the OT for this map directly after the map was played. Do not go to next map until OT is played.

Screen Shots: At the Beginning of the match each team must take a SS of the teams. At the end of each map/round SS's of the match scores will be taken by each team. Team captians will hold onto these for 2 weeks after match. If do not know how to talk SS's there will be a tutorial in the fourms.

Map Selection is Random-Random-Random
Side Selection is Random-Random-Random

Quote:
HALO:Slayer 2v2

Match Rules

Team Slayer
Members per Squad: 2
Time Limit: 20
Kill Limit: 50
Starting Equipment: Generic (Effective November 1, 2004)
Server Config: You must use the twl2v2pc Halo PC Custom Gametype (Effective December 6, 2004)

Team Info

Each squad must fill a squad of 2. If a squad is unable to meet this requirement, the offending squad must either forfeit or re-schedule the match at a later date with cooperation from the opposing squad captain. If neither team is able to fill 2 positions at the start of the match, the match will be nullified unless both squads choose to play the match with less than the number of required players.

Match

How you win: The winner is the first to win 2 maps. Each map is scored separately. For example, if Team 1 wins the first map, loses the second map, and wins the third map then Team 1 wins. How to Win One Map: You must complete the objective of 50 kills before the other team in no time limit

OT: In case of a tie there will be an OT replay of that map right after it was played. The OT round will be 10 mins or first to 10 kills. If it is still a tie, repeat another 10 mins or first to 10 kills. Now on the slim chance that after 10 mins and still tie, Defender teams wins. If a map is tied you MUST play the OT for this map directly after the map was played. Do not go to next map until OT is played.

Screen Shots: At the Beginning of the match each team must take a SS of the teams. At the end of each map/round SS's of the match scores will be taken by each team. Team captians will hold onto these for 2 weeks after match. If do not know how to talk SS's there will be a tutorial in the fourms.

Map Selection is Random-Random-Random
Side Selection is Random-Random-Random

Quote:
Halo Slayer 1v1

Match Rules

Team Slayer
Number of Maps: 1
Members per Squad: 1
Time Limit: None
Kill Limit: 25
Vehicles: Map default
Starting Equipment: Generic (Effective November 1, 2004)
Server Config: You must use the twl1v1pc Halo PC Custom Gametype (Effective December 6, 2004)
Rcon example: rcon password sv_map mapname twl1v1pc

Team Info

Each squad must fill a squad of 1. If a squad is unable to meet this requirement, the offending squad must either forfeit or re-schedule the match at a later date with cooperation from the opposing squad captain.

Match

How you win: The winner is the first player to complete the objective of 25 kills before the other player. There is no time limit.

Overtime: In case of a tie there will be an OT replay of that map right after it was played. The OT round will be 10 mins or first to 10 kills. If it is still a tie, repeat another 10 mins or first to 10 kills. Now on the slim chance that it ends in a tie after 10 mins(2nd OT), Defending player wins.

Screen Shots: At the Beginning of the match each team must take a SS of the teams. At the end of the map/round SS's of the match scores will be taken by each team. Players will hold onto these for 2 weeks after the match.

If you do not know how to take a screenshot, here's how:

-First, make sure you have a shortcut to HaloCE on your desktop or in your quick launch toolbar. Right click on the halo shortcut, and in the target line, place -screenshot after the .exe (Example- Target: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo\halo.exe" -screenshot).

-Then, when you are in-game, press the 'Print Screen' button on the keyboard to take a screenshot. After exiting Halo, make sure to rename your screenshots and place them in a special match record file. Otherwise, next time you start Halo and take screenshots, it will overwrite the original screenshots.

Map Selection: Randomly selected by the computer
Side Selection: Defender's Choice

Quote:
HALO:CTF 5v5 Assault

Match Rules

Game Type-Team Capture The Flag Assualt Mode
Time Limit: 20:00
Spawn Time Limit: 15 sec (Manditory as of 07/09/04)
Server Config: You must use the twlassaultpc Custom Gametype
Rcon example: rcon password sv_map mapname twlassaultpc

Team Info

Each squad must fill a squad of 5. If a squad is unable to meet this requirement, the offending squad must either forfeit or re-schedule the match at a later date with cooperation from the opposing squad captain. If neither team is able to fill 5 positions at the start of the match, the match will be nullified unless both squads choose to play the match with less than the number of required players.

Match

How you win: The winner is the first to win 2 maps. Each map is scored separately. For example, if Team 1 wins the first map, loses the second map, and wins the third map then Team 1 wins.
How to Win One Map: You must carry the enemies flag from your base to the enemy's base while at the same time returning your flag to the enemy's base to score. Both flags must be at the point to win. 5 Caps to win or the team with the most caps at the end of the round wins.

OT: Each team gets a 2 min OT round. If at the end it still ends in a tie then do another 2 min round for each team. Again if it ends in a tie the team with 3 out of the top 5 end map ranking wins.If a map is tied you MUST play the OT for this map directly after the map was played. If a map is tied you MUST play the OT for this map directly after the map was played. Do not go to next map until OT is played.

Map Selection: Random-Random-Random
Side Selection: Random-Random-Random

Quote:
ALO:CTF 5v5

Match Rules

Team - Capture The Flag
Default Halo Version: Halo PC
Time Limit: 20:00
Spawn Time Limit: 15sec
Cap Limit: 5 Per Map
Vehicles: Map Default
Server Config: You must use the twlctf Custom Gametype
Rcon example: rcon password sv_map mapname twlctf

Team Info

Match

How you win: The winner is the first to win 2 maps. Each map is scored separately. For example, if Team 1 wins the first map, loses the second map, and wins the third map then Team 1 wins. How to win one map: You must capture the opponent's flag 5 times or be the team with the most caps at the end of the map.

Overtime: In the event of a tie there will be 20 minute OT round, and first squad to capture the flag wins. If after the 20 mins, there is still a tie, then the team with 3 out of the top five killers in the overtime round win that map. Overtime rounds need to be played immediately after the tied map. Do not go on to the next map until OT is played.

Screen Shots: At the beginning of the match each team must take a screenshot of the teams. At the end of each map/round SS's of the match scores will be taken by each team. Team captains will hold onto these for 2 weeks after match.

If you do not know how to take a screenshot, here's how:

-First, make sure you have a shortcut to Halo on your desktop or in your quick launch toolbar. Right click on the Halo shortcut, and in the target line, place -screenshot after the .exe (Example- Target: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo\halo.exe" -screenshot).

-Then, when you are in-game, press the 'Print Screen' button on the keyboard to take a screenshot. After exiting Halo, make sure to rename your screenshots and place them in a special match record file. Otherwise, next time you start Halo and take screenshots, it will overwrite the original screenshots.

Map Selection: Computer generated
Side Selection: Computer generated

Quote:
HALO:Race 4v4

Match Rules

Team - Race
Halo Version: Halo PC
Members per Squad: 4
Time Limit: 25:00
Laps to Win: 3
Weapons: ROCKETS ONLY, no pistols or misc weapons. Grenades (Frag & Stickies are aceptable).
Vehicles: Warthogs ONLY (Rockets & Machine Gun)! No other vehicles besides your feet allowed. Warthogs can go anywhere. No restrictions.
Server Config: You must use the twlracepc Halo PC Custom Gametype
Rcon example: rcon password sv_map mapname twlracepc

Team Info

Each squad must fill a squad of 4. If a squad is unable to meet this requirement, the offending squad must either forfeit or re-schedule the match at a later date with cooperation from the opposing squad captain. If neither team is able to fill 4 positions at the start of the match, the match will be nullified unless both squads choose to play the match with less than the number of required players.

Match

How you win: The winner is the first to win 2 maps. Each map is scored separately. For example, if Team 1 wins the first map, loses the second map, and wins the third map then Team 1 wins. How to win one map: All 4 members must complete 3 laps for a team to win the map.

Overtime: In the event of a tie, the round is to be replayed. If at the end of overtime neither team has all members complete 3 laps, the team with the most combined laps completed is the winner, however if that is also a draw then the team who has the most players who completed 3 laps is the winner.

Disconnects: Lagouts, Router Problems, Power outages, ect. are uncontrolable. If a player disconnects and rejoins, he/she starts once again at 0. Example, a player completes 3 laps and disconnects and then rejoins, their lap count is now zero again.

Screen Shots: At the beginning of the match each team must take a screenshot of the teams. At the end of each map/round SS's of the match scores will be taken by each team. Team captains will hold onto these for 2 weeks after match.

Map Selection is Random-Random-Defender
Side Selection is Random-Random-Attacker

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:24 am 
{xk} Membe®

Halo In-Game Name: [xk]Adam!®
Xfire Name: 0525116
wheres 1v1 race?.. i'ld beat anyone..

(note, this doesn't mean im nub.)

R.I.P Naut

Last edited by Adam on Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:31 am 
{xk} Membe®

JaLLy wrote:
we could do something like a draftleague? only for realworlders :}

edit:

first of all, we list up how many ppl can play in the tournement (decided by a poll) and make teams of maximum number of players. (my proposal is 8, 9 or 10, depending on how many ppl would play)
people willing to make a team do this in groups of 3 ppl: 1 leader and 2 captains who can replace the leader when he's absent. (pls make sure you can be active before you signup)
THE OTHER players that dont make a team will be added to a list of players, sorted by skills. each team can pick in the first round a player from top tier skill, second round from lesser tier skill and so on. The team that can pick first is the one with the less skilled captains and leader. (will be decided by the league admins i guess when every team has signed up).

This way teams will be more balanced and more varied, good and experienced players and noobs on the same team, this wil ltake away the competitive aspect and improve the "play for fu" aspect of the tournement. (please don't take it personal when you're put in a lesser skilled group xD). when captains aren't active or aren't letting everyone play on their team or there are problems with someone, they can be replaced by someone else on the team that is willing to be a captain or leader.

Once teams are established, a bracket will be made up. NEW PLAYERS can be added to teams that admins see fit when a team needs a new player. EXAMPLE: one team needs another active player or another good player cos the draft didn't turn out exactly as it was hoped.

My issue with this is, the quality of people being the leaders to pick the other players would need to be the same?, even though people got like early picks last time around they still picked players who were not the best in all honestly, hence it was still unfair (looks at matt).

Secondly you go on about tier for skill, whos going to rate different players for us to put them in different tiers in the first place? basically impossible as its all based on personal opinions.

lastly ive seen in this topic about nubs on letting people play with 400+ ping as its stable and that this is for fun blah blah. WELL SORRY SUNNY JIM, i dont wish to be playing with such people and then having to stop my team getting rapped by having to carry there sorry asses while they go quadruple negative, and in turn makes it unfun for me... (looks at hiya).

but yeah otherwise its a good idea.. (no homo)

sanni wrote:
I think we need to come up with a system that ensures that individual players can team up with people they wanna play with.
E.g. if I would land in a team with hiya, tommy chong and Matthew I would rather commit suicide than play even one game. No disrespect by the way.

Other than that I agree with Jally.

Also we need fixed times, like every sunday 7pm uk time = match time. Or organizing matches will get as messy as the last time.
We should include all gametypes, even race. But real race not pussycat no shooting race. Like every week another gametype. And select fixed maps that go well with the corrsponding gametype of the week.

and this just sounds more unfair.. cue the pingu, sanni homo act.

how weak some of the teams were compared to others last time was a joke. Think this is partly why dwight and harb stayed out of it..

which was even more unfair was these better teams would then not alow there 'nuber' team members to play much at all (looks at pingu and sanni), they should be a rule about team rotation or something to, so EVERYONE on your team has to play.

And I await being called an asshole for making valid points to bring up... as per normal.

R.I.P Naut

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:18 am 
{Ð2T} Membe®

@sanni:
1. pls no slayer 5v5. that's shit imo, we shouldn't play slayer at all since this will be 3v3 or more players.
2. you can also add to assault that there is sv_force_flag_reset 1 (or /we the command was, u can put this in init.txt). -> people won't be able to hold on to the flag at 0:00. it forces to switch to defence. Also both flags at home to score? the twlassault gametype has offence - defence in switching turns.
3. Where's oddball and koth?

@adam: of course the sorting of players in skill tiers will be just an opinion. but when i think about it, we can just remove the skill tier divisions. My idea was just for each team to pick players in turns, nooby teams get to pick first. the best leader with best captains gets to pick last (this should be decided by an adminTEAM, not just 1 person and preferably people who know most of the contestors). And of course it's impossible to divide everything into perfectly even teams... someone's gotta win.
IF you happen to be picked by people you don't like, we can always organize a trade system, thoguh personally i'll play with anyone. New players that want to join the league will be put on a team by the admins on the team that actually needs them.

Laggers will not be allowed to play until they fix their issues. :/

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:36 am 
Membe®

Adam wrote:
'nuber' team members to play much at all (looks at pingu and sanni),

If you didn't notice I was talking about you earlier, so stfu.
Also we did let everyone play thats was on. I remember two matches where me and Kaoezz played with Bun and RZ against a way superior enemy. In fact only at the very end of the tournament we stick with the more experienced players.

JaLLy wrote:
3. Where's oddball and koth?

Please have a look in the zip file I attached.

Last edited by sanni on Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:38 am 
{xk} Membe®

sanni wrote:
Adam wrote:
'nuber' team members to play much at all (looks at pingu and sanni),

If you didn't notice I was talking about you earlier, so stfu.
Also we did let everyone play thats was on. I remember two matches where me and Kaoezz played with Bun and RZ against a way superior enemy. In fact only at the very end of the tournament we stick with the more experienced players.

yet your team refused to play us on 3 occasions despite having more then enough people online and ready to play, just as either you or pingu were not online... yeah gg.

so your talking about me huh? how exactly am i being an asshole if im making a valid point?

R.I.P Naut

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:48 am 
Membe®

You voted no, you won't be playing, so give it up. The only thing you ever do is create mayhem. Didn't you quit Halo for Battlefield? Why did you even come back?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:53 am 
{xk} Membe®

sanni wrote:
You voted no, you won't be playing, so give it up. The only thing you ever do is create mayhem. Didn't you quit Halo for Battlefield? Why did you even come back?

i voted no for the reasons i put in my post, that doesn't mean i wont be playing.

Again how old are you?.. how am i creating mayhem when im bring up points that made the first one of these tornys fail? points that need to be talked about and put right so this one turns out to be success (unlike the last one).

NONE of the posts in this thread by me are creating mayhem, they are just saying my point of view, based on how the last torny went down.

i dont deal with making shit up, just facts, i can get some magical quotes from the old torny thread if u really want them.

This is TO HELP PUT IT RIGHT THIS TIME AROUND..

why is that to hard to see?, am i attacking you? nope, why are you so flustered by my posts in this topic.?

This is what im on about being singled out for doing nowt wrong.. (feel free to pm me if you have an issue, instead of a pussy post like this.)

JaLLy wrote:
@adam: of course the sorting of players in skill tiers will be just an opinion. but when i think about it, we can just remove the skill tier divisions. My idea was just for each team to pick players in turns, nooby teams get to pick first. the best leader with best captains gets to pick last (this should be decided by an adminTEAM, not just 1 person and preferably people who know most of the contestors). And of course it's impossible to divide everything into perfectly even teams... someone's gotta win.
IF you happen to be picked by people you don't like, we can always organize a trade system, thoguh personally i'll play with anyone. New players that want to join the league will be put on a team by the admins on the team that actually needs them.

Laggers will not be allowed to play until they fix their issues. :/

Yeah its going to be super hard to make it fair either way, who ever is deciding the skill of the players should be someone (or several people) independent like harb/dwight. Who has played with everyone and thus can have a balanced opinion.

another way you could do it is have an unoffical session of just slayer with everyone, first to 50kills, people nearer the top obviously higher rank, although people could sand bag to get a lower rank, so again is difficult.

just other suggestions really.

I dont think its a problem with people disliking each other, i dont dislike anyone here. Its just trying to have it as balanced as much as it possibly can be.

and +1 on the laggers viewpoint.

R.I.P Naut

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:11 pm 
{Ð2T} Membe®

why don't you suggest something that will resolve the issues instead of negative posts that instigate conflict with personal attacks on sanni and penguin + you're rude as hell. Not saying whatever you say is untrue, but there's no need to insult people in the proces. I'm sure this was all a topic of whining in the previous tournement. Instead of repeating the same stuff, add some ideas...

OfflineProfile  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next