Facebook
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 7:00 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Match making
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:07 pm 
Haha yah nitro idt everyone thinks this way, but i know quite a few people (Not just from my team)
But yah no point in angering anyone anymore, so imma just stop. And a tad bit too late harb...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:31 pm 
Membe®

Halo In-Game Name: sanni
If somebody did see flaws in this "tournament" why didn't they just open up a thread with a lil voting thingy and get the ball rolling?
It's like you do nothing but complaining how bad everything is instead of helping.

The first week did run good, than matt's team raged about the camera men so now we don't have camera men anymore. Then the other team whines about how unfair it is that they lost because they are to stupid to elect a team that can win.

Well it was a nice experiment this "tournament". And I see that it did contribute atleast something good because now everyone is talking about scrims and posting vids.

But all in all this experiment failed and the spirit is gone now.

So lets just end it here and look forward to the ladder idea Sean Aero did have. That should work way better than this.
Just delete the whole "Unofficial Realworld Community Tournament" section as I can almost guaranty that nothing good will come out of this, the only thing that's changing is that my ignore list gets longer and longer.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:39 pm 
®ealworlde®

Halo In-Game Name: Penguin
sanni wrote:
If somebody did see flaws in this "tournament" why didn't they just open up a thread with a lil voting thingy and get the ball rolling?
It's like you do nothing but complaining how bad everything is instead of helping.

The first week did run good, than matt's team raged about the camera men so now we don't have camera men anymore. Then the other team whines about how unfair it is that they lost because they are to stupid to elect a team that can win.

Well it was a nice experiment this "tournament". And I see that it did contribute atleast something good because now everyone is talking about scrims and posting vids.

But all in all this experiment failed and the spirit is gone now.

So lets just end it here and look forward to the ladder idea Sean Aero did have. That should work way better than this.
Just delete the whole "Unofficial Realworld Community Tournament" section as I can almost guaranty that nothing good will come out of this, the only thing that's changing is that my ignore list gets longer and longer.

u are right sanni
did matt do something for the tournament?? did nitro do something for the tournament?
what did u guys do? u talking bullshit about ur own problems
we (our team ) was the whole week there to play sanni asked u for a date .

guys go and play public thats ur world

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:51 pm 
®ealworlde®

Halo In-Game Name: ugotowned
Xfire Name: rdsthefreak
me blackbird jeevo and prime are waiting so long now for our enemy team to show up. dont u get its kind of frustraiting?
and i also can understands matts point if theres a team online u should play.

so, as i see this is over?
pretty sad in my eyes. i would say we make new teams with people who are active and want to play?
just dont call it a tournament. what about if we get like 10-15 people, who are intressted into playing some scrims, so we can do some scrims for fun.
i am talking to blackbird right now and he also thinks its cool to play in a team, but its really sad if the enemy team isnt showing up.

so sanni, u wanna drop the whole thing now?

(ps. sanni, dass musste nicht so persöhnlich nehmen :D, nur alles läuft total scheiße, weil kein team wirklich active ist und wie gesagt, ich finde die idee immernoch gut)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:18 pm 
Membe®

Halo In-Game Name: sanni
ugotowned wrote:
with people who are active and want to play

The problem is that people do have real lifes and some here apperantly can't accept that for whatever reasons. Where is the damage when a match is delayed a little? Don't you have other things to do too?

Also if you can't get the one team why didn't you just ask the next available team?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:30 pm 
{xk} Membe®

Halo In-Game Name: [xk]Adam!®
Xfire Name: 0525116
if future if were doing another torny i want either dwight or harb sorting it out, as i know bs wont happen then

face it pingu and sanni youve both fucked up... tried to keep this torny on track? yeah right by avoiding playing your matches yet having enough people on, just as you cant apparently play without each other? give me a break.

and apparently we were trying to take advantage of pingu being away to play your team? when we were fucking SCHEDULED to be playing that week, alas we didnt as when ever we asked you guys it was a no as the other one wasnt on...

same happened the next week too..

jog on son.

its no surprise the torny has failed and the others have turned on you either is it.

sanni wrote:
ugotowned wrote:
with people who are active and want to play

The problem is that people do have real lifes and some here apperantly can't accept that for whatever reasons. Where is the damage when a match is delayed a little? Don't you have other things to do too?

Also if you can't get the one team why didn't you just ask the next available team?

fact is dude u had more then enough players online every time we asked you. but still no match (this includes asking other members of your team rz, bun who were happy to play when asked but you or pingu would just say no)..

dont try and start blaming the other teams for not arranging other matches for you guys being chicken

mods: note to you guys, don't get deleting this post as I know how much you love deleting nearly everything i post here for no logical reason.

R.I.P Naut

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:43 pm 
®ealworlde®

Halo In-Game Name: ugotowned
Xfire Name: rdsthefreak
sure i also wasnt there at sunday when my team wanted to play against the team of sean aero, but than i made sure there is a replacement so the match can be played.
no doubt you guys tried your best, but if there arent any players there is no tourney.
and sanni, blocking me for no real reason, is pretty childish and sad man <3 :(
i dont know, but my team wants to go on playing this tournament.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:02 pm 
What did you do for the tournament penguin? And i will play public good sir. Im sorry im not a "PRO" like you. ROFL.

I didn't do much besides volunteer for captain position and sanni elect a team that can win? Stfu this tourney was supposed to be fun..and it was fun for the first week until all everyone quit for two weeks.
Also delayed a bit? LOOOOL TWO AND A HALF WEEKS IS A LIL BIT?

And yah it was a good experiment and i'm sure in the future someone will set up a better tournament.
And as for the cam i still don't know wtf happened haha.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:10 pm 
®ealworld Founder Legacy Core

Halo In-Game Name: Dwight®
Xfire Name: da2loo
In this kind of community you guys shouldn't really expect teams to be well organized as it's impossible to rely on players since the guild is built on a complete independent basis. I guess this is also one reason why I wasn't prepared to make an official tournament. In fact I was a bit surprised and got the impression that this tournament started off quite well. However, this couldn't be kept the same way in the long run as expected.

Sanni did a great job in bringing the teams together and getting the tourny going but most captains were apparently not prepared to take over responsibility (just my point of view, I might be mistaken). Not really surprised though as it wasn't even that easy to find captains. I guess with some sort of rule set to force matches from the beginning this could have turned out better. It seems to me that everyone tries to find a guilty and puts the whole blame on one single team. After all sanni has realized that some were not happy with the current situation and took an action by suggesting this new rule... probably a bit late but we all learn as one goes. So please calm down guys.

Anyway I'm just trying to say that it's nobody's fault that this failed. It's mainly the way this community is and remember that this is our first tournament with the majority of players who're not used to play scrims. To be honest although it's hard to get players motivated again I believe there's still a chance that this tourny could succeed if you continue and re-organize the teams. :thumbs:

"Don't worry what people think, they don't do it very often."

Death By Tray It Shall Be!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:33 pm 
®ealworlde®

Halo In-Game Name: «TG»RZ ®
Xfire Name: ratzoup
^ The facts are stated right there.

Please stop this pointless arguing now. Let's look at the options: Either get everyone to play their matches on a new schedule or start a new tournament from scratch.

I agree with players having to be away because of their lives, but captains should be dedicated a bit. They can't really expect the tournament to be organized by someone else and to only have to tell their team to be ready for the match and stuff like that..

"Piracy is like masturbation, everyone denies it, but everyone does it." - Matt®

OfflineProfile  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 25  Next