Facebook
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:03 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Match making
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:44 pm 
Membe®

Halo In-Game Name: sanni
A ladder with mixed teams is the only way I see that would work in the long term.

(And to adam, as I said earlier I don't understand why you just refused to wait until both me and penguin were able to play. And as I already pointed out by giving exact dates this was the case only 2-3 days after the week the match was planned for.
You just taking all this out of proportion cause you have a personal grudge against certain people or maybe the whole world.)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:55 pm 
®ealworld Primary Admin

Halo In-Game Name: Sean Aero
Xfire Name: seanaero
Never knew we had so many drama queens that all like to shine on one topic :xD: Guess I'll have my say....

Beginning with if full teams start pulling out because they lost interest we can just as well call it quits since it goes against the whole idea of having a community tournament. So Matt get your smiling banana face back in here and get some pwnage going. I know you love to play don't pull out because of some delay, read on.

Everyone knew it was experimental from the beginning and that road bumps regarding tournament flow were up ahead. The question you should ask yourself what did I do to make it work?
Try to keep in mind that everything we do here is community driven so just because something doesn't work doesn't mean we should start pointing fingers. Instead come with an alternative solution/way which would still satisfy you.
Play another team for example, last Sunday I had 2 teams that really wanted to play against me. Unfortunate due to a lack of players showing up on my team we were unable to do so, hence the topic asking for more members. ;) Keep in mind I'm not a captain, nor co-captain.

As for teams that have enough members available, but are unwilling to play because a "star" player is missing for some period is utter bullshiii.
There are 6 team members for a reason, all these members signed up to play. So play first, cry later is my opinion. The outcome at times can be quite surprising. It doesn't take a pro to score a flag or throw a nade.

With this being said I look forward to whipe the floor with you all on the battle field this coming Sunday. And remember your all part of this so try to make it work guys. :thumbs:

PS. As for ladders, that's all highly experimental and will require a lot of testing and checking before that actually works perfect and accurate. After we finish this tournament I wouldn't mind hosting the next one in a month or two from now.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:38 am 
{xk} Membe®

Halo In-Game Name: [xk]Adam!®
Xfire Name: 0525116
Sean Aero wrote:
As for teams that have enough members available, but are unwilling to play because a "star" player is missing for some period is utter bullshiii.
There are 6 team members for a reason, all these members signed up to play. So play first, cry later is my opinion. The outcome at times can be quite surprising. It doesn't take a pro to score a flag or throw a n.

take notes sanni and pingu ^^

two weeks... no wait let me repeat that

TWO WEEKS

our team wont be taking part, this bs waiting around added to the whole bullshit cam business in the first game isnt what we signed up for

sanni wrote:
A ladder with mixed teams is the only way I see that would work in the long term.

(And to adam, as I said earlier I don't understand why you just refused to wait until both me and penguin were able to play. And as I already pointed out by giving exact dates this was the case only 2-3 days after the week the match was planned for.
You just taking all this out of proportion cause you have a personal grudge against certain people or maybe the whole world.)

shows how well you know me lols, i have no grudges with anyone. we didnt refuse anything, fact is your 'team' (im using that loosely as some of them wanted to play) were chicken.

(and to sanni, as i said earlier I dont understand when you have 5 players online (which nearly all the rest want to play, you say no just coz pingu isnt on, or visa versa.)

R.I.P Naut

Last edited by Adam on Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:42 am 
Well Sean as I stated above I've lost all interest in this unofficial tournament.
And my team mates. I don't know how clear I can make that haha.

Look, the tourney started up great and failed hard, future tourneys please do a better job with the rules/communication. Like not ignoring other captains.

AND SMILEY BANANA FACE?... :$

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:10 am 
®ealworld Founder Admin Core

Halo In-Game Name: Harbinge®
Xfire Name: nomates1234
Steam Name: Harbinge®
Discord Name: harbinger#7102
It isn't over until the Fat Lady Sings. And BTW since we don't have any Fat Ladies in the Tournament, it's still on. :mrgreen:

- ἐν τούτῳ νίκα: In hoc signo vinces -

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:19 am 
Woah Harb, you forgot about Bun.
LOOOOL Matt: 1 Bun: 0

:laughdown:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:47 am 
«TG» Membe®

Halo In-Game Name: æðñ lµ×
If 58 kilo's is fat yeah....ohwait thats one of my legs so.....yeah 8)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:00 am 
®ealworld Admin «TG» Membe®

Halo In-Game Name: it varies
ok. someone needs to eat a few hamburgers. and bacon. right Ratkiller?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:40 pm 
®ealworld Master Classic Server Admin

Halo In-Game Name: VÅ!BhÅv ®
Xfire Name: vaibhav381
Guys i am also very intersted so take me too :xD:

And yeah unfortunately i speak english only...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:49 pm 
®ealworld Admin «TG» Membe®

Halo In-Game Name: it varies
no hablo espanol? :D

OfflineProfile  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 25  Next