Facebook
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:23 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:39 pm 
{L°E°} Membe®

Halo In-Game Name: Qwerty
Xfire Name: qwerty89fin
Dates were for that week so isnt it forced then?

Matt spesify those rules :whip:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:45 pm 
Membe®

Halo In-Game Name: sanni
Well at least I got that impression after the whole "sanni fucked up the tournament because he did not set a forced match rule"-drama.

But now I realize that that forced match rule still is not in place. Since it's clear that the other 2 teams neither get a default loss nor did they play in their week.

My believe that the forced match rule was in place was further solidified by this:
Quote:
Conversation started between sanni and Hipsu: Sun, Mar 27 20:24:04 2011
[20:24] Hipsu: yo
[20:24] sanni: hey ^^
[20:24] Hipsu: we got today game right?
[20:24] sanni: idk XD
[20:24] sanni: do we?
[20:24] Hipsu: yes if i look right realword sites
[20:24] Hipsu: first i think vs bird team
[20:24] Hipsu: but no its vs you

combined with this:
Quote:
Week 3 (21th March - 27th March):
Team VS Team (Result)- UNDER PROCESS
o_0-s® (:)

and this:
Quote:
You cannot simply delay a match for a couple days because your "Star Player" is gone and other members are currently on. Its complete bullshit, because then the other team members will end up leaving for a couple days and we have a whole cluster fuck on the date situation.

And this:
Quote:
Each match must be played within the given week. If the captains can't agree on a date/time the tournament admins will force both time & date. Most likely this will be Saturday/Sunday at the end of the week.
If one team can't get 3 or more players on that date & time they will lose the match and receive 0 points while the other team will be awarded 3. If both teams can't get 3 players both will lose and receive 0 Points for the ladder.

So I am really confuzzled now...

I have nothing against the forced match rule but it should count either for every team or none.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:05 pm 
Shit you dudes are so right
Last week I msged ghosty to tell him we should get our match done before the forced match date..then on saturday he shows up and says we should reschedule to tuesday. And from what eli told me no one showed up on the other team :S I just feel like a cheap bastard if i take the 6 easy points..so eli talked to eagle and we have match tomorrow. But like If tomorrow they no show then the points def. go to us.

but thats just an example of how messed up the current system is ahaha

So yah, anyone wanna maybe give me a better/more stronger rule on the force match stuff? If so please do, cuz it will be greatly appreciated. but like post it in the discussion place cause harbinger and dwight might get pissed.

Also, its specify not spesify qwerty bahahahahahah.

One more thing to add. My computer isnt cool with halo anymore so i'm basically giving up on it. Also Last night, it was made very clear to me that i spend more time playing video games then spending time with my lovely girlfriend/ class assignments/ growing amount of missing assignments. And surprisingly shes sooo right. So my gaming days are drawing to a close soon. Like so yah whatevs just drop me a message on here if u guys need something and ill try to respond to it as quick as i can.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:12 am 
®ealworld Founder Admin Core

Halo In-Game Name: Harbinge®
Xfire Name: nomates1234
Steam Name: Harbinge®
Discord Name: harbinger#7102
Getting Work/Play Life Balance aint easy, and especially more so when sharing time playing Video Games with paying attention to your Family/Partner. :eh:

Our advice is to spend as little or as much time devoted to CE as your lifestyle allows; that although Playing CE is about having Fun with Friends, (as well as Competition) it's still just a Video Game and should never be a substitute for Real Life. For many individuals Playing Video Games can be extremely addictive, after all wanting to Win and be the Best is very seductive. :o

Provided you can allocate your time accordingly, (i.e. including spending enough time with Family/Partner etc.) then you'll still find some time left to Play CE but now everyone will be happy, and this way you'll also be a Real Winner. :P

When you get this balance right, most Family/Partners are more than willing to give you space for your own time, (like for Playing CE etc.) and you all will be the better for it. ;)

- ἐν τούτῳ νίκα: In hoc signo vinces -

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:39 am 
I wont completely quit, but its fairly obvious that i've gotten addicted to video gaming for the past two months haha. Really need to focus getting my life back on track.
Thanks for the advice harby.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:18 am 
{L°E°} Membe®

Halo In-Game Name: Qwerty
Xfire Name: qwerty89fin
We can always start to use finnish if my english is not good enough :twisted:
spesify was actually only a typo :roll:

Personally ive got a feeling that if there is any way to play that game in the week it should be, just like now. sR missed some of their stars maybe, but thats not a reason to delay.

If they would have got less than 3 players so we couldnt have played, then i think i could have agreeded to play this week aswell becouse forcing rule is really a mess :D

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:05 am 
Membe®

Ye but with that less than 3 players rule, one then just pn ones team members to not go in xfire and only play with fakenicks on publics so the forced match will be delayed XD

I would say a forced match is forced without excuses. Also one of the expected ways to default lose a forced match is by not showing up or having not enough players. To delaying it any further would be against common sense since then you don't need a force rule at all.

In this case:

"It was the last day of the week the match should have been played. So it was automaticly forced to that sunday. Now either team s® gets minimum 3 players online or they default lose."
That rule would make sense.

And not:
"It was the last day of the week the match should have been played. So it was automaticly forced to that sunday. Now either team s® gets minimum 3 players online or the match gets postponed."
This doesn't make sense at all.

So in case of ghosty's/matt's team, their match was not played so at least one team should have gotten a default loss.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:20 pm 
®ealworlde®

Halo In-Game Name: Penguin
who force the matches?

im the team captain and i dont get a meesage im everyday online on the forum

and why didnt this guys send pms to both teams to all players of the teams
but maybe me and nova could play this match than u lost both maps thats for sure
i dont get it why it was forced cause this players was online in a public server or what?

im the team captain and i dont get a meesage im everyday online on the forum

no comment anymore ...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:44 pm 
Membe®

Qwerty wrote:
Matt specify those rules

I second that. We need clear and easy to follow rules on that matter.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:40 pm 
How about we just take out the reschedule rule and just make it like forced force.
I think you guys want force match date and no more delays which is reasonable and fair! The reschedule was a thing that i thought was fair but it seems it has many flaws.
SO force match will be played on the force match date and no more rescheduling them or like whatever, does that sound fair?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next