Facebook
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:08 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: LOL
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:25 pm 
I locked the topic because I thought a rant would come..and I'm sure we are all tired of those haha.

I suggested a replay to penguin but I left the choice up to him. As for overdose we told you prime that he could not join your team so that is no excuse.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:54 am 
®ealworlde®

Halo In-Game Name: ugotowned
Xfire Name: rdsthefreak
sure, thats wrong what we did but as prime i dont see the problem of a rematch.
i mean sure, now the way for sr is free to win the tournament, if we were still in u guys know we would win the tourney.
so prime, dont take it as bad you know we could have won anyways :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:06 am 
®ealworld Founder Legacy Core

Halo In-Game Name: Dwight®
Xfire Name: da2loo
This is exactly the point which is disappointing me the most. This tournament (official or not) is about a fun contest with mixed teams and not about winning. ;)

"Don't worry what people think, they don't do it very often."

Death By Tray It Shall Be!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:56 am 
®ealworlde®

Halo In-Game Name: Penguin
ugotowned wrote:
sure, thats wrong what we did but as prime i dont see the problem of a rematch.
i mean sure, now the way for sr is free to win the tournament, if we were still in u guys know we would win the tourney.
so prime, dont take it as bad you know we could have won anyways :)

wow nitro get a brain and skill , ghosting isnt all at halo.
and guys why are u crying like babys? it was ur fault not ours, u can blame prime, jeevo and overdose for it, but stop crying about it on the forum!!
there will be no rematch for you guys !!
UR team did the mistake now accept it

btw nitro ur team lost vs team hipsu and vs team sr during the groups so be quiet

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:17 am 
Membe®

Halo In-Game Name: sanni
Well the purpose of this tournament is to gather information, wether through conflict(i like that way of getting info, it's fast) or through consent.

And I think we did pretty well, we all now got a basic understandig what a tournament should look like, which things work and which don't.
We also learned that even in the smallest community there will always be cheaters, that is of course a very sad thing to learn. But there are ways to cope even with that problem so for any future events we will be better prepared.

A rematch is out of the question. That would only encourage cheaters, if they get busted, no worries worst thing that can happen is a rematch, ye sure.

And nitro, you only did cap because we all underestimated you. Like: "oooh there is a ghost, should I kill it ... no it's just nitro, he will probably suicide next corner anyway".
And I do not mean that in an offensive way. No, it's the opposite. It's a compliment.
You really did become a way better player in the past months. Not only your skill increased but you also got some nice tactics now.
For any future matches you will be a force to be reckoned with. :thumbs:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:36 am 
®ealworlde®

Halo In-Game Name: kae0zz
Xfire Name: cfhellknight
sanni wrote:
Like: "oooh there is a ghost, should I kill it ... no it's just nitro, he will probably suicide next corner anyway".
Epic! You made my day! :xD:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:33 am 

Halo In-Game Name: FusioN
kae0zz wrote:
sanni wrote:
Like: "oooh there is a ghost, should I kill it ... no it's just nitro, he will probably suicide next corner anyway".

lol

ugotowned wrote:

Wow lol, bit of an overstatement there.

Last edited by Dwight on Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please avoid double-posting.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:09 am 
®ealworld Founder Admin Core

Halo In-Game Name: Harbinge®
Xfire Name: nomates1234
Steam Name: Harbinge®
Discord Name: harbinger#7102
In a fair and open Democratic System, when we don't like our appointed Leaders' Decisions we can ask them to reconsider, or choose not to re-elect them, but in either case we just have to abide with whatever is decided. :o

We all have our different opinion, and for this Ruling to Disqualify the Whole Team is a Hard Line, (but still perfectly Just) perhaps if it was my Decision to take, I might have decided to Disqualify only the Offending Player(s), and consider the possibility of a Re-Match, but only if the other Team agree. :idea:

When it comes to Tournay Admin Decisions, there are No Right or Wrong Decisions, (we just have to accept whatever is decided) after all WE appointed them to this Role to save us from otherwise perpetual disagreements. Tournament Rules have evolved, (with the best intention for everyone) and are only applied after careful Consideration, ("Gleaned from Experience") being completely unbiased.

As has already been expressed: This Tournament is a Learning Experience for ALL of us. ;)

Currently absent at the moment from our Rules, is the "Right to Appeal". Perhaps this is something which we can consider to include in future :?:

- ἐν τούτῳ νίκα: In hoc signo vinces -

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:53 am 
Membe®

Halo In-Game Name: sanni
Yes I think a more democratic tournament system would be cool. Like we appoint council members instead of one or two tourney admins and then they decide things by majority vote.
Maybe every team captain could be part of this council.

This would be very democratic and ensures that no unjust rulings happen.

Before aimbots were released ringing(letting a better player play in your name) was the most common way of cheating in tournaments besides the more obvious sound hax and bluewalls.

So in my opinion there is no difference between ringing and aimbotting, as both are considered cheating and should be severly punished.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:49 pm 
®ealworlde®

Halo In-Game Name: blackbird®
Xfire Name: blackbird987
kae0zz wrote:
sanni wrote:

LOL kae0zz :holy: . I've nothing more to say here. :xD:

I have a message for those who stand in my way:
pray

:netherlands:

OfflineProfile  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next