Facebook
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:44 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Was the tournament successful?
Yes (Please explain) 21%  21%  [ 3 ]
Somewhat 64%  64%  [ 9 ]
No (Please explain) 14%  14%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 14
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:02 am 
The tournament started out with a bang and was pretty fun.
Then some problems had risen and it was delayed for a while, but brought back up.
The tournament was very slow at times and complicated, please vote whether it was successful, failure, or somewhat successful. It would be great if you could write out some explanations to give us a reason behind your choice.

Remember this, your opinions/ideas on what to do and what not to do for future tournaments will shape the structure of future tournaments!

My Opinion

I thought it was SOMEWHAT SUCCESSFUL
Most teams played each other and had fun from what I heard. Of course there were some major problems with how the tournament was being operated and how the rules weren't very clear. Next time though we need captains that are better equipped to handle the role of a team leader (Including myself :!: :o )
I myself think I might have over reacted against the whole "Sanni vs. Matt" rants and would like to say I'm sorry to Sanni. And I would also like to thank you Sanni for setting up the tournament and getting it up and running in the beginning :thumbs:

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:21 am 
®ealworlde®

Halo In-Game Name: Penguin
ye same as matt
for the next tournament its better to make own teams with players you know and can trust.

a lot of players in the teams i never saw on a server or on the forum here.

from the 6 teams are only 3-4 active.

about the thing "fair teams" -- we will never get fair teams

i think the tournament started very good but than as matt said sanni quiting the admin part ...

i hope next tournament, if theres one , someone who played more than 2 or 3 tournaments should do the admin parts( or maybe kaeozz helps us ;-)

over and out

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:42 am 
Membe®

Halo In-Game Name: sanni
Well, I always saw the tournament as a test run. So the more things go wrong the better because this gives us experience for any possible further tournaments.
So by this definition the tournament was a huuuuge success because everything that could go wrong did go wrong :xD:

I too have to apologize Matt, I was a little stressed in reallife so I had a very short fuse back then.

So i think we should make a list of things we lerned:
- there have to be multiple tournament admins, not one single one
- the rules must be written very clearly so they cover every possible situation
- the tournament should be community driven as much as possible, everyone needs to help
- one match per week is enough
- teams should be big, so that there are always enough players available
- knockout system so that teams that aren't interessed in the tournament anymore get knocked out and don't slow down the whole process
- all matches must be played on the RW tourny server this prevents ringing
- all participants need an unique cd key for further ringing prevention
- the tournament itself must go faster, less delayes more action, so a strict timetable with forced matches at the end of the week without exceptions should help here
- the gap between losing and winning shouldn't be that big, even if you lose but still show up you should get points. Maybe 0 points for no show, 2 points for losing a match, 3 Points for a draw and 4 points for a win.
- there should be a council consisting of the team captains that can vote on important decisions
- there should be an option to refill your players, maybe each team can refill twice. Therefore after the tourny is started there could be a waiting list with refill players like Harb suggested.
- although new members to realworld are always great, there should be some limitation for total strangers, so that the tourny still consists out of realworlders

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:50 am 
®ealworlde®

Halo In-Game Name: seNsa/decaY
Xfire Name: hpcdecay
Wow how did I end up missing the last one -.-' I hope you organise another one count me in! like penguin said you should be able to choose your own players + what sanni said I agree with it all there must be rules led out so everyone knows. I think 4v4 is good tbh also maybe have sub players aswell just incase someone cant play on the day that would help. If you need any help organising or need an admin you know were I am hit me up on xfire!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:19 am 
®ealworld Founder Admin Core

Halo In-Game Name: Harbinge®
Xfire Name: nomates1234
Steam Name: Harbinge®
Discord Name: harbinger#7102
The Tournament was a resounding success. :P

REASONS WHY:-

• It was our First, (albeit UNOFFICIAL) Realworld Guild Inter-Membership Tournament.
  • This was a PILOT Project, with whom actually won or lost being of secondary importance.
  • Throughout the Tournament's Life Cycle: basic principles, overall structure and rules were under constant development, review and revision.
  • Obstacles were overcome, solutions found and problems WERE solved.
  • Lessons WERE learned, (but if they hadn't been learned then it wouldn't be a success) but more importantly with personal differences between "Key Leaders" ideas, viewpoints and methodology being resolved.
  • Now there IS a solid, robust and tested Framework to go forward to the next, (perhaps OFFICIAL) Tournament.

- A Big Well Done to ALL. :thumbs:

- ἐν τούτῳ νίκα: In hoc signo vinces -

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:22 am 

Halo In-Game Name: FusioN
A success imo, and pretty much agree with most of sanni's points.

For me there isn't really any competitiveness left in halo but it was still fun to play in the tournament. Looking forward to the next one.

Btw just thought id add that the final hasn't been played yet for the tourney :xD:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 4:05 pm 
Classicworlde®

Halo In-Game Name: Ki©k Ass ®
Xfire Name: kickassr
For me I have to agree with what Harb has said. I big thing for me was lack of captaincy. I never knew when the tournaments were and I have to say Ghosty was a bit slack in getting the team to together and organised (SORRY GHOSTY!)...not to say i could do a better job :$

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 4:44 pm 
®ealworlde®

Halo In-Game Name: «TG»RZ ®
Xfire Name: ratzoup
sanni wrote:
all participants need an unique cd key for further ringing prevention

Guess I'm out of the next one then :whistling:
I agree with most of Sanni's rules.
But yes, the tournament was well done for our first time. :biggrin:

"Piracy is like masturbation, everyone denies it, but everyone does it." - Matt®

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 5:01 pm 
Membe®

Halo In-Game Name: sanni
Nah that was just a suggestion, so don't worry ^^

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:24 pm 

Halo In-Game Name: ≡DG≡RVB
Xfire Name: rvblacktail
Let me be the jackass u all know and say I freakkin hated this tournament ............ the only reason I joined was because this was supposed to be FUN ................... instead it ended up being the same "pro bullshit" ................... no room for any freedome in gameplay ................ because to win one of these so called fun games u had to resort to one god damn strategy .................... and do not let me hear u say that I had all the freedom I wanted ................. all u so called pros out there camp the same spots ,use the same weapons and make the same choices during games over and over again .......... and to counter those I'm forced to use the same strategy every damn time................. at some point it got so repetitive I almost felt like I was better off playing tetris ................

Don't get excited reading my rant overhere it has its purpose ................ the fact is that this tournament didn't have anything special to add .................... everybody wondered why there weren't enough players online most of the time .................. maybe one of the reason could be that THEY HAVE DONE THIS SH** BEFORE ................... and it didn't seem that important to be there and play ................. the matches resembled any ordinary scrim between realworld members ................. I know the "pros" are gonna find this hard to belive but there are people out there that don't prefer playing the same damn gametype with the same strategy ....................... this tournament was to bring excitement back to the scene .................... it promised to spark some life back into this game and it failed miserably at delivering that ....................... after the first damn week everyone saw it's the same stuff they've been doing since they started playing in scrims ........................ and they decide to take a vacation because it was so fking FUN

Here's a big IMO for all written above ......................for the numskulls that are gonna shout that it ain't true and that I'm just being a sarcastic sob again

OfflineProfile  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next