Competitive Gaming - Good or Bad?
Poll ended at Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:04 am
Good 100%  100%  [ 18 ]
Bad 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 18
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:28 pm 

Halo In-Game Name: Epsilon
Topsi wrote:
Bypassing HAC is too easy (or so I've heard...never really played HPT).

Will there be european tournaments? How are you gonna handle ping matters? I liked the idea of multiple local ladders with international playoffs.
I'm curious.

And someone just linked me to this:
http://www.livestream.com/fnlive/video?clipId=pla_9f4cd589-546a-4644-b94d-f85a19c4cc95&utm_source=lslibrary&utm_medium=ui-thumb
Looks professional. :o :eek: :eh: :lol: :xD: :thumbs:

I've heard that too. Not tried though.

As far as European tourneys, that would be something we'll do if we have a good sized player base. I'm not sure on the server status. I'll have to get back with you on that one.

As far as that link, that was the Community GameNight we held back in January. We're working on getting this going monthly/bi-monthly. These GameNights are open to anyone that wants to join the server and if enough people join the server we'll start a second server.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:31 pm 
®ealworld Primary Admin

Halo In-Game Name: Sean Aero
Xfire Name: seanaero
Nasser wrote:
Ah It didn't occur to me that your system could be used in this way to automatically submit match reports so players don't have to keep uploading results in competitive games. I just thought it was for those public players who want to see their stats etc.. :| Could your system be used to replace match reporting? an example would be the reporting that the HPT community uses.

Don't want to hijack the tread here as I'm always a supporter of any effort put into this game, by any individual.
but ehm....

:o :eek: :eh:
You didn't know? Nasser, I'm disappointed.
It started in BC, with that clan system I was working on, but the amount of info that had to be manually typed in, due to the amount of matches you guys kept playing was just no fun for me.

Then it went on to create a tournament website (hostatournament) which basically allowed for tournament creations with people submitting their own scores but people just did not care to report. (even in 1v1 setting) Which caused the system to fail. Also I encountered other limitations during that period regarding the community.

So I went into automated stats searching and that's how I got involved with haloanticheat (http://haloanticheat.com/credits.php), scripted the ringer system and some other things (horrible code xD), I for one do know it's limitations. That's why there is a big need for a HACv2, but hey that's just a Myth and no progress has not been made.

Point being, my primary focus has always been competitive play.
The reason I also focussed on pub games is because the majority of people are casual gamers that are not interested in scrims, but just enjoy a random game with friends from time to time. The reason I focussed on pub games first is because it's easier to stress the system and do some trail and error with public game data.
See if everything holds out. It did not, that's why things are being rebuild at the moment.

Halo competitive wise, HaloRank is the solution.
Post game carnages will be publicly available so perhaps it makes things easier for any other competitive website that wants to read scores.

Any how stay updated on progress and what direction it's heading. http://www.facebook.com/HaloRank

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:40 pm 
®ealworld Primary Admin

You'll have to wait a little, but as soon as it's done I'll let you know.
In the mean time I do recommend you have a look at a few images on the Facebook page. You'll get a bit of understanding of what was created before.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:19 pm 
®ealworld Primary Admin

Just one question, why are most of the reported matches just a 1 - 0 win?
I understand that ELO only cares about a win or lose but I can understand that a lot of people are interested in the actual scores of matches?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:28 pm 

Honestly, it depends on who has the ladder. Our casual ladders are just Win/Loss Reporting, but our Pro ladder is point-entry. Other games that FN has are determined based off of who the admin is.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:13 am 

UPDATE: FraggedNation will start implementing Halo Custom Edition in August with our Halo Custom Edition August Assault. This is just the name.

Currently, this will either be a FFA style event or a 1v1 Tournament using maps that I've chosen from this post and our FN Slayer gametype.

Gametype setup and map list will be available this weekend. I will finalize and submit it to the forums here and on FraggedNation.

I do need all of the ®ealworlde®s to help me out here. I need to find out which type of event you would like more. Please go here and at least vote.

Thanks,

RampantEpsilon
FraggedNation Halo PC/CE Game Director

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:14 am 
®ealworlde®

Halo In-Game Name: Penguin
the thing is nobody wants to play 1v1

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:45 am 
®ealworld Primary Admin

Halo In-Game Name: ·Eagle·®`
Xfire Name: stefan8277
^ That's true. I think we even tried such a unofficial ladder in Realworld, and it failed. So 3v3 is the minimum imo.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:14 pm 
Membe®

Halo In-Game Name: sanni
Well FFA would not be 1v1, it would be 1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:16 pm 
®ealworld Founder Admin Core

Halo In-Game Name: Harbinge®
Xfire Name: nomates1234
Steam Name: Harbinge®
Discord Name: harbinger#7102
BUMP - 1 Week left - So few Votes is a miserable response.

Does this mean the majority of Members are indifferent :?:

In which case maybe there should have been a 3rd option: No Opinion

- ἐν τούτῳ νίκα: In hoc signo vinces -

OfflineProfile