Facebook
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:25 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:34 am 
®ealworld Founder Admin Core

Halo In-Game Name: Harbinge®
Xfire Name: nomates1234
Steam Name: Harbinge®
Discord Name: harbinger#7102
If it's a matter of someone abusing a Realworld Guild Server, (or abusing this Forum) then it's my duty to enact rules and provide an opinion, otherwise my Forum responsibility is simply to report information (as given) and let others and/or the facts speak for themselves.

From my own perspective, I despise Cheats and Double Standards, believing that any form of cheating ultimately represents only cheating yourself. It's never been my nature to say One thing and then do Another either directly/indirectly to anyone in person or by any action.

Trust be-gets trust but it's hard to believe those who have previously lied or deliberately mislead others to gain their own advantage. Although everyone deserves an initial level of trust, once this has been broken then they have to work very hard to regain my respect.

Really it's up to TG Clan and the Cake Server Operator to check the Server Log Files for an Imposter and/or if they are concerned about TG Clan Members who Cheat. Also it's for TG Clan to decide on the level of SAPP Anti-Cheat sensitivity required on their server. Only sehe can truly comment on the precision of detection Anti-Cheat provides.

For Realworld Guild Members this Topic can also be treated as a Heads Up.

- ß╝É╬Ż ¤ä╬┐¤Ź¤äß┐│ ╬Ż╬»╬║╬▒: In hoc signo vinces -

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:34 pm 
®ealworld Primary Admin

Halo In-Game Name: Phil
Xfire Name: phil123victory
Steam Name: Phil
just sapp being crappy i do believe. ignore my comment wasnt really on it.

Last edited by Phil® on Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:01 pm 

Halo In-Game Name: seh├ę┬░┬░
Xfire Name: lgbalazs
Wow, so much pathetic post here, so I'll be short, and ignore the moronic trolls.

First of all, please don't confuse SAPP's server side aimbot detection and the client sided anticheat.

The first one is just watching the player's camera's movements with that shitty 30 fps that's basically hardcoded into Halo's physics, network code, and anything except the camera YOU see. Yet, it's much more accurate than anyone with a sighjacker, and it doesn't have prejudgments like most of you here. But obviously it can be never 100% perfect for the reasons I mentioned above, and laggy internet connection can cause false positives, especially if the server admin set low score to ban, but still it's very rare.

The second is client sided and watches if anything tries to modify/hook into Halo's code, and you will get a ban even if it was "just" a flycam. It's on the site, so please don't complain. This strict rule is required for the maximum level of security.

Finally, if the server requires anticheat to connect, server side aimbot detection is not necessary at all, and can be turned off.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:08 pm 

OK, understood. Sorry for the mix up in terminology. :$

Basically at all times when I referred to SAPP Anti-Cheat, it was meant: "SAPP Server Aimbot Detection System".

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:08 pm 
®ealworld Master Classic Server Admin

Halo In-Game Name: {L┬░E┬░}N@J
Xfire Name: lenaj
Steam Name: {L┬░E┬░}N@J
thanks Lawnmower Man

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:51 pm 

To explain how the server side aimbot detection system works (more or less):

It watches the camera movement of every player. It checks how much degrees it changed since the last frame, and how close it is to other player's head, taking account the distance between the local player and the "targeted" one. If the movement is too suspicious, the player gets scores based on these values. Note, that for example snapping 6┬░ to someone who is 1m from you means nothing and you get no score, while snapping 6┬░ to someone who is 1000m from you will earn a huge amount of score. Also, you only get score, if the camera stopped moving on the target, you wont get score if you just pull your camera very fast in the front of someone's head.

There are also other three other thing that each duplicates the score you get.

1. If you snap right after a kill.
  2. If you snap to some1 who's behind an object/wall relatively to you.
  3. If you snap to the player that Sapp expected you will, since every frame it selects the expected player, that the aimbots would choose if you pressed shift right then.

Also, there is a minimum score limit than Sapp doesn't lets you set lower.

Since nowadays almost every player has dynamic IP and CD-Key, the recommendation is to set 1 day IP-ban, more is pointless since they will probably get new IP any way.

In conclusion, many real pro players tested it so far, but never heard anyone complaining that he got banned. Taking account that sonny has 33 in cake (I guess), it's very unlikely that it was a false positive.

In the other hand, there are so many other cheats like smooth aimbots or hundreds of different kind of wallhacks that can't be caught from server side, that if you want to play fair games, just play with anticheat. =)

Hope it's a bit more clear for you now.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:20 pm 

That's good to receive such a detailed explanation about how the SAPP Server Aimbot Detection system works. It's actually very useful and helpful information for both Players and Server Operators to know. :thumbs:

It's interesting to understand about the probability of catching a cheat and the likelihood of false positives etc.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:13 pm 
®ealworld Primary Admin

Halo In-Game Name: Crypt ®
Xfire Name: blackcrypt
Steam Name: Crypt
I so so so want to comment on Sehe's replies, but ultimately it would be just a waste of my time, so therefore I won't bother.

Sehe knows best everyone!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:58 pm 

You just did, you pathetic moron.

Quote:
Sehe knows best everyone!

Uh, do you realize I described how my own code works, so yeah... who else would know it better... retard.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:49 am 

In regard to the effectiveness of SAPP Server Aimbot Detection it was particularly interesting to note that sehe feels the probability of a Player called TG Sonny Cheating was high and so therefore is very unlikely to be a false positive.

So it appears as if the SAPP Aimbot Detection system works, but as to the identity of the Cheat is another matter and in the absence of Cake Server Log files, at this point an Imposter can not be ruled out. However without substantiation from Cake Server Log Files, only circumstantial evidence can be used which at this stage does conclude the Player in question actually to be TG Sonny for whatever reason.

If TG Sonny was just some "Random Player" then the only interest here would be the SAPP Server Aimbot Detection System (that incidentally, has the acronym "SAD") which indeed makes it a very sorry situation for Halo CE when a so called respected TG Clan Leader and (TG Clan Server Admin) is caught Cheating on their own server.

For if a Clan Leader is prepared to Cheat, then it means they are also prepared to Lie. So surely this then must bring into question everything they have previously stated as being true and the reliability of anything they have stated in the past as being fact, plus also the company which they shared this responsibility with.

The phrase, "Something Rotten at the (TG) Core" springs to mind.

OfflineProfile  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next